It’s a common practice for us to bitch, brag and moan about the shit we go through our everyday life. However, this isn’t a really healthy habit. Some of us have realised the importance of being optimistic and counting our daily blessings and recalling the good things that happen in our day. Some bloggers who I am especially fond of like Andreas and Dr. Liew are often seen poking fun at life’s common occurences and never fail to coax a smile from me. I’m not really a big fan of pessimism, and I am one who believes in a healthy self-image. And counting your daily blessings [no matter how little they are] contributes a lot to maintaining an optimistic front and a healthy self-image.
So, for today, I’d like to recall the good things that happened [which is quite a lot].
- Traffic was heavy, but it was constantly moving, and traffic light were green everytime I reached them.
- Puduraya isn’t as congested and it doesn’t smell as it usually does
- I reached Puduraya at 9.25, and managed to get on the 9.30 bus, and still managed to enjoy some Dunkin Donuts for breakfast :p [sorry Leo, no hole photos, I forgot the camera]
- Yun Chuan actually woke up to welcome my arrival, haha
- My banana leaf lunch was on YC
- I managed to secure myself a copy of Half Life 2 and NFS:Undeground 2 [finally]
- I got the keyboard/mouse that my brother wanted [the same as mine]
- I met Wong while waiting for a cab, so it kind of makes up for the fact that I didn’t get to chat with him at YC’s place.
- I reached Melaka Sentral at 2.25 and managed to get on the 2.30 bus!
- It rained when I slept on the bus
- I woke up just in time when the bus stopped at the Sg. Besi Petronas station
- It rained in KL, so Boy was cool when I reached him later in the evening
- Traffic home was heavy, but steadily moving
- Half-life 2 installed with no errors, and the game is just jaw-dropping [review coming soon!]
- The mihun tomyam at the new restaurant Dad and I went to try was fabulous.
And today’s most gracious blessing from God;
- Sis wasn’t using Sarah.
God is Almighty. Life is Good.